Your PathLAN Support Group is always here to help if you have any problems. Please do not hesitate to call (410-955-1105), e-mail (email@example.com), or page (410-283-1187). We have made a reminder list for you to help KEEP YOUR PC SAFE.
If you do the following, it will help to make your PC safe and make our job much easier.
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Log off of your PC every night.
- If your PC is not in a locked room, please log off when you leave the workstation.
- Report any suspicious e-mails requesting personal information.
- Do not open any e-mail attachments from anyone that you do not know. NEVER open an attachment with .exe extension without contacting us first.
- Save your data to the central PathLAN server (in the secure Meyer Basement computer room). This is backed up nightly.
- Save your work to the server before you walk away.
- Do not save iTunes on the server.
- Your PC will automatically update your virus definitions.
- Be careful not to spill drinks on your keyboard.
- Only use the UPS that we provide for the computer and monitor.
- Your PC should be on a PC stand if it is located on the floor. Please let us know if you do not have one.
- Make sure there are no wires on the floor that you can trip on. Please let us know if they are so that we can help make it safe.
- Use encrypted flash drives. Make sure that the flash drive does not contain your only copy of a document. If a file on your flash drive is lost, it cannot be recovered.
- If you use a personal laptop for work that may have sensitive information on it, please ask to have it encrypted.
- Please do not let your family use your work laptop for entertainment.
Mary, Jeff, Jane, Rich, Joe, Jason, and Andrew
Your PATHLAN SUPPORT GROUP